Work for us
Young Pathfinders is the ultimate survival and adventure club for children. Our activities are not only fun, adventurous and interactive, we give children from all walks of life the opportunity to experience the great outdoors whilst learning some life changing skills.
Grants Fundraiser - Work from Home Part Time (Voluntary)
We're currently looking for a Grants Fundraiser to join our passionate team and support our grants fundraising activities, which are integral to our important work.
Pathfinder Adventures will offer both children and adults a variety wild woodland activities. This will include survival and bushcraft based activities, adventurous activities and wild woodland rehabilitation weekends within a 400 acre forest.
Our aim is to be able to offer affordable/ subsidised experiences to those that would not necessarily be able to access these type of experiences through Young Pathfinders. This includes but not limited to low income families, special needs, charities, veteran organisations, schools and educational institutes including alternative schools, Home educated children.
Pathfinder Adventures future projects will also provide our health & well being program. This will provide a core program of Forest bathing/ Eco therapies, woodland activities for armed forces, veterans, emergency services, cancer charities, and any other organisations or individuals that wish to engage in a rehabilitation weekend. This programme helps individuals relax, learn new skills, build self-reliance and move forward in the next stage of their lives
The post-holder will be responsible for identifying and maximising funding opportunities through voluntary funded sources such as charitable and corporate foundations and trusts, grant makers, and major donors.
They will make applications to the above, as well as identifying and building relations with potential corporate supporters.
• Research funding opportunities through voluntary funded sources including charitable and corporate trusts and foundations, corporate giving, grant makers, and government grants.
• Write persuasive applications to charitable trusts and corporate trusts as well as making charity of the year applications.
• Manage and develop key contacts at new and existing trust and foundations.
• Write, edit, proof read and following agreement by the relevant personnel, send funding proposals to foundations and trusts
• Ensure bid applications are completed to the highest standard.
• Experience of grant-making.
• Educated to degree level or qualified by experience
• Excellent communications skills, written and verbal. Confident in written business communications.
• Strong IT skills, confident in the use of MS Office and experience of complex databases, use of spreadsheets and email.
• Accuracy and high attention to detail
• Analytical and research skills
• Good organisation skills
• An ability to stay calm under pressure
• A bright and positive attitude
• Able to work independently and with integrity.
This position is voluntary & home based.
For more info please send a covering letter along with a CV or detailed experience to firstname.lastname@example.org